Wednesday 22 October 2014

QUESTIONNAIRE RESULTS.


1. What is your gender?


  •  Female- 19 (73.08%)
  • Male- 7 (26.92%)



My results from my questionnaire shows that the majority of people who answered it are women. Therefore i am going to target my CD at only women.


2. What is your age?

  • 16 to 20- 24 (92.31%)


  • 39 to 45- 2 (7.69%)



My results from my questionnaire shows that the majority of people who answered the questionnaire are between the ages of 16- 20, so for my final CD cover i am going to target the audience between the ages of 16 to 20.
















3. What type of music do you listen to?

Pop- 11 (42.31%)

Hip Hop/Rap- 3 (11.54%)

Jazz- 2 (7.69%)

Rock- 8 (30.77%)

Reggae- 2 (7.69%)

Dance- 4 (15.38%)

R'n'B- 6 (23.08%)

Other- 11 (42.31%)


My results from my questionnaire shows that Pop is the most popular, however so does other but it consists of different types therefore still making pop the most listened to. Therefore i am going to base my CD on my results and make it a Pop CD.



4. How much do you spend on a CD?


  • £0- £5- 5 (19.23%)
  • £6- £10- 16 (61.54%)
  • £11- £15- 4 (15.38%)
  • £16- £20- 1 (3.85%)
These results from my questionnaire show a variety of answers, however the price that was chosen the most was £6- £10 therefore i am going to make my CD around the same price as it is not too expensive but is not too cheap either. This price suggests a variety of people and a more wide range can buy it as it is a reasonable price.


5. What is the main thing that draws you to a CD cover?
  • Artist/ Band- 23 (88.46%)
  • Font- 1 (3.85%)
  • Colours- 3 (11.54%)
  • Image- 8 (30.77%)
My results show a variety of results however it clearly shows the most popular and thing that draws someone to a CD is the artist/band therefore i am going to use people as a band or artist on the front of my CD.










6. How often do you buy a CD?
  • Never- 2 (7.69%)
  • Monthly- 8 (30.77%)
  • Every couple of months- 8 (30.77%)
  • Every six months- 2 (7.69%)
  • Yearly- 3 (11.54%)
  • Every couple of years- 3 (11.34%)
My results show that there are a variety of time periods that people buy a CD, however my results show the most common time is monthly and every couple of months which means i am going to make my CD cover as attractive and easy to seek attention for those who buy a CD quite often.




7. How often do you listen to music a day?
  • 0- 3 hours- 12 (46.15%)
  • 3- 6 hours- 10 (38.46%)
  • 6- 9 hours- 2 (7.69%)
  • 9 hours+- 2 (7.69%)
My results show that there is a variety of how much music people listen to a day, however it shows the most common time is between 0- 3 hours. This means i am not going to put too much songs on the album which will make it over the most common amount of time.




How do you buy your music?
  • Itunes- 11 (42.31%)
  • CD's- 10 (38.46%)
  • Download Illegally- 3 (11.54%)
  • Other- 2 (7.69%)
My results show that iTunes is the most common way to buy music however CD's is the second most common which suggests quite a lot of people would buy my CD's if it attracts them as it is one of the most popular ways to buy music.








9. What do you associate with your favourite music genre?

The results from this question suggests there are a variety of things that people associate with the music they like, for example: drums, guitar, parties, pop; etc. So for my CD i am going to make sure i include something which links to the genre which will attract people more.







10. Do you have a favourite artist(s) or group(s), if so please list below?

The results of this questions shows a variety of answers and different genres, quite a lot including the most common genre- pop. Some examples listed are: Ed Sheeran, 5 seconds of summer, Beyonce, Oasis; etc. This helps give me an idea of what sort of music people like and helps me with the songs i am going to include on my CD. Also with the colour scheme and layout as i can look at the different artists given albums to give me an idea on how and what to do on mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment